Book Today! 250 884 7061
Acupuncture is a new experience for many people and it is only natural to have questions regarding its effectiveness and the time it takes to see results. Everyone has a unique health profile and a wide range sensitivity to acupuncture treatment. In acute conditions, such as injury and short term illnesses acupuncture can often provide satisfactory relief within 1 – 4 treatments.
Chronic health conditions require a more significant commitment of time and frequency of treatment. Even with long term ailments there should be some encouraging improvements during an initial treatment course of 5 visits.
Factors that influence the effectiveness of acupuncture
- Nature of disease or pain – acute conditions take less time, chronic conditions take longer to resolve
- Age and health status of client – Young people tend to recover more quickly than older people
- Lifestyle factors – Heavy use of alcohol, analgesics, anti depressants, anti psychotic or recreational drugs can slow down the healing effects of acupuncture
- Motivation – Willingness to implement home based treatment recommendations
- Frequency of acupuncture treatment – Sporadic, infrequent treatments don’t produce as good results as consistent regular treatments
After the initial intake and treatment it is suggested that you do 2 or more treatments a week, depending on the severity of your symptoms. After two weeks or 5 sessions some reduction in symptoms should be noted.
As your health condition improves treatment frequency can be reduced or done on a as needed basis during acute flare ups. Acupuncture is like any other form of medicine.
Acupuncture can be very helpful in managing many chronic health challenges, but the benefits are not just limited to physical problems. Many people report that acupuncture elevates mood and energy, restoring a sense of optimism and feeling of well being.